Welcome to the new and soon-to-be-improved ZacErickson.com! Don’t mind the dust, it will be up and running in all it’s glory very soon. I found out a few days ago that the current platform that I’m running my blog on is closing shop on April 30 of this year. Instead of stomping my feet or lazily transferring my posts to a different service, I am taking the opportunity to start fresh. If you really want to see what my old blog was like, head over to ZacErickson.posterous.com, but it will be gone as of April 30. In the mean time, I am going to be working on making this blog be more professional and aesthetically appealing, but that’s going to take a little time.
So who am I? I…
- …am Zac Erickson (duh).
- …am a graduate student studying at the Canadian Center for Behavioural Neuroscience at the University of Lethbridge.
- …received my Bachelor of Science in April 2012 studying Psychology
- …have Adult Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and am passionate about breaking down walls and helping people understand the disorder in its many forms.
- …love geek culture, video games, movies, comics, podcasting, memes, and the like.
- …am a father of the two cutest kids in the world, and a husband to the best wife in the world (there is no room for debate, it’s fact).
Wondering what I will be blogging about? Here’s a few areas that I hope to cover:
- University-level education (both at the undergraduate and graduate level), based on personal experience
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (I have that!), including strategies and personal experiences
- Various other psychology and neuroscience topics that I think may interest you
- Personal productivity and self-improvement
- Geek culture and its place in a productive & professional life
- Podcasting!!! I love sitting behind the mic and talking about my passion. It’s time to dust that thing off and get started again.
I will be posting at least once a week, so do me a huge favor and subscribe to the blog. Also, if you’re on Twitter you can find me under @ZacErickson. I also want to leave every post with a question for the comments, so here we go.
QUESTION: What is one topic you would like to see me cover on my blog?